Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.


How do I dispose of paint and toxic materials?

Household Hazardous Materials and Toxic substances must be handled with care.   As an environmentally friendly community, Inglewood has six State Certified Collection Centers for used-oil, and filters. Check the Environmental Services link for locations. Residents who have items such as paint can take them to a Household Hazardous Waste Round-ups.  These events are usually held each weekend within the County of Los Angeles.  Paints, pesticides, car batteries, pool chemicals and motor oils, as well as old electronics, such as computers, may be properly disposed of at these Round-ups. For more information about Round-ups call (888) CLEAN–LA.

How do I get a City-owned tree to be removed?

Generally, the City will remove parkway trees only if they are dead, severely diseased, or if curb and gutter and/or sidewalks cannot be replaced without removing the tree(s).  

You may contact the Department of Recreation, Parks & Community Services at (310) 412-8750 to request the removal of a parkway tree.

Where can I get information about recycling?

The City publicizes information about recycling activities through the use of local media, print ads, brochures, flyers and residential billing inserts. As a resident, you may call the City’s Recycling Hotline at 310-680-5000, which has recorded information about specific programs and dates. The City regularly updates its web page to make sure residents have all the latest information about recycling.

Where do I call to report dumped trash/debris on private property?

The Code Enforcement Division may be called at (310) 412-5590.

Who can I report a tree problem to?

For trees in the public right-of-way, the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department should be notified at (310) 412-8750.

Who should I call regarding tree trimming?

For trees in the public right-of way, the Tree Maintenance Division of the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department can be reached at (310) 412-8750.

Who should I contact if I wish to report an illicit discharge into a catch basin?

Please notify the Environmental Compliance Section at (310) 412-5333 immediately.

Who should I notify if there is a spill draining into a catch basin?

If you believe this is a hazardous material, please notify the Environmental Compliance Section at (310) 412-5333 immediately. You may contact the office between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.  After business hours, please contact the Communications Department.  A crew will be dispatched as soon as possible.