Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.

Property (Owning & Renting)

Is my property in a flood hazard zone?

The City of Inglewood is in Flood Zone “X”.  For more information, property owners should contact FEMA at 877-336-2627 or visit the website at

Please note:  FEMA produces maps, called Flood Insurance Rate Maps, depicting flood hazards across the United States. The maps show “special flood hazard areas” for those areas that are affected by a flood having a one-percent chance of occurrence in a given year. The special flood hazard areas are shown on the Flood Insurance Rate Maps with flood zone designations that begin with the letter A or V.  By law, Federally regulated lending institutions must require the purchase of flood insurance for mortgages on buildings shown in the special flood hazard areas on these maps.

Outside of the special flood hazard areas, flood zone designations B, C, and X identify areas of moderate or minimal hazard from the principal source of flooding. In these zones flood insurance is available but lenders are not obligated by federal law to require it. However, buildings in Zones B, C and X could be flooded by severe rainfall coupled with inadequate local drainage systems. Therefore, flood insurance is highly recommended for buildings in these zones.  It is your lender, not the community officials, who must make the final determination if flood insurance will be required.

What are the Department of Public Works and the property owner responsibilities for the sewer?

The Department of Public Works is responsible for the public sewer main, which are located in the streets. The property owner is responsible for the house lateral, including the pipe that connects from the public sewer main to the house.

Sewer Maintenance Policy

Where can I get answers about asbestos?

Call the South Coast Air Quality Management District (AQMD) at (909) 396-2336 (Asbestos information hotline).